A market bag for quick adventures and special lunches. Featuring soft leather handles for all types of carry, a tough and spill-proof inner lining, and a natural look that goes well with everything.
- Dimensions: 12.5" wide, 9.5" high, 5.5" deep, 3.5" drop, with a 5" x 6" interior pocket
- Natural Material: 100% natural golden jute fiber harvested in Bangladesh
- Water-Resistant Lining: 100% polyurethane
- Strong: Can hold over 50 pounds
- Leather Straps: Reinforced by antique nickel rivets
Did you know that your purchase helps break a poverty cycle? The mothers who handcraft your bag receive Fair Trade wages, annual profit dividends, and a retirement fund to help them achieve their dreams thanks to the Bangladesh Project.
Location: Saidpur, Bangladesh
Factory Code: BAN-LAT33.7099/LON90.4071
What's the story behind the factory? Following the 1971 war that established Bangladesh and brought with it poverty and disease, Saidpur Enterprises began in 1976 as a project to help the mothers of malnourished children with employment producing jute handicrafts and now supports artisans selling for a larger fair trade export market. They also provide literary classes, training on nutrition, women's legal rights, educational awareness and finance.